Sunday, February 8, 2009

What a Weekend!!

Wednesday night I was asked if I could help staff the LiveLove conference at First Baptist Euless. As anyone with a brain who knows the names Francis Chan or Kristian Stanfill, and know how gifted they are and how they are great messengers of God, I said YES!!

Friday came, and I got on the road off to find a Capital One and a FedEx. I found the Capital One and was on my way to the FedEx. I could not find one anywhere, and thought I left my house with plenty of time to make it to FBC Euless on time. Well guess what, I didn't so I get to the FedEx place, and normally they just take the package, but not this time, I had to stand in line, and wait just for them to take the package, which took all of 2 seconds max. As soon as I left, I had to get food, so I go to Chik-A-Flick as my mom calls it, known to everyone else as Chik-Fil-A. After waiting like 5 minutes, and they call it fast food, I left out of there like a set of rims at a puff daddy concert (Michael S. if you read this, no I did not get this from you). As I am on my way to the church, you would know I hit every single red light!!! I knew this would be an amazing weekend!!

So I get to the church at nearly on time, and get briefed as far as what we were going to be doing. I was helping the PD (Program Director). I know I know, I am a kind of a big deal. I have a library full of leather bound books that smells of rich mahogany. It was going to be awesome. Needless to say I did not get the backstage job, but still, I think this was second best. So I get to meet the AT2AP (All Things 2 All People) guys, and gals. They were pretty cool. I meet Jeffry who performed with them at Beach Camp over the summer and also meet his girlfriend, who happens to be Jack Allen's daughter (Missions Prof. at New Orleans Seminary). I think her BF got a lil jealous cause after the first night she didn't get to talk to me.... Anyways, I got to listen to Kristian and his band which = Awesome, as well as Francis Chan.

Let me just say, Francis as usual ruined my life yet again. He spoke on Revelation 4. Which taught me that my prayer life was not in check like I thought? Here are some key points from him: 'When we get into heaven, our new bodies will not be a perfect human one, they will be so we can see God without our eyes burning out', 'The being in heaven, which is God, is worshiped constantly by the high angels. He is the one who we pray to, not some got which we can babble to'.

This spoke multitudes to me. I never thought about God like that, I always thought of Him as just a giant who loves us. Read Revelation 4, and totally soak it in. I will post a new note about this verse later, but want you to totally soak it in. Think of who he is. How many times have you set up at night with the covers pulled over you, and just started talking, and wake up a little later to say 'Amen', and turn back over? I know I have done that a whole lot. We are praying to something bigger than someone who is just sitting on a little throne. We get the amazing chance to pray to the God who created everything. How awesome is that?, and yet all the time we take that for granted.


I am not saying this to brag or anything like that, but after I heard this, I woke up Saturday morning at 5:30 after getting in at midnight, and having a loser put a spoon that fell on the wet nasty floor at steak-n-shake in my mocha shake, and yes he paid for it, but that is another story in its own. I woke up, hit the shower, and then got on my face before God after reading Revelation. You see I have been cheating him, and not honoring him as I should.

Here lately Satan has been telling me 'You are not worthy of his grace' and I've been semi-believing that. I just did a study on Galatians, and just to show you how powerful God's word is, I looked over this verse, but someone reminded me of it. Let me give it to you. Its Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, because it is written (Deuteronomy 27:26): Cursed is everyone who does not continue doing everything written in the book of the law. Satan has been using this against me, because I am not worthy to even present myself before God each morning. I am such a nasty human being. I sin so much. I am filthy. I break at least one, if not more of the ten commandments each day. I do not deserve heaven. You see if you haven’t listened to Shane & Shane’s song Embracing Accusations you should check it out. It is talking about this verse.

You see Satan is absolutely correct. I do not deserve a spot in heaven. But, don’t you love the but? But in Galatians 3:13 it says: Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, because it is written Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree (Deuteronomy 21:23). Isn’t that so powerful? We are redeemed by his grace.

So with that all being said, after I had my morning prayer, which was amazing, we started all getting ready. Micky and Mitchell were going out to get our donuts, and then Mitchell being the trickster he is, came in and told me and Shelley our vehicles were gone, that is my brand new Ford Focus, and our old 1520’s model van. I was thinking, ‘its way too early for this’. So I went out, and sure enough they were both gone. So what do you do in a situation like that? Call the po-po!! They then told me that the apartment complex towed them away because they were not in one of the 10 ‘designated visitor’ parking spots, which they hired a duo of ants to paint on the parking lot ‘visitor’ just to where they could read it. So we call the tow company, and ask them how much to get the vehicles. They said 250.00. I was thinking, man that’s high for two vehicles, then they said each!!

Two and a half hours, a braided pulled out hair weave, sketchy part of town, having to go get cash cause they don’t take credit or debit cards apparently, signing an avadavat, feeling as if we were in prison, and being accused of working there later we finally got our vehicles back!! If you are thinking what I am thinking, then we are on the same page…..no not the hair weave….ok maybe the hair weave, but really Satan was really trying to mess us up! You see I won’t lie and say I wasn’t frustrated, nor was my good friend Shelley, but she was actually a whole lot calmer than I expected…..Anyways, Satan knew we were to be part of something extravagant that God had for us, and he wanted to do what he could to try and intervene.

We could have allowed him to do that, but we were stronger. We knew the truth, and that he was powerless. We missed Francis’s opening talk, but we did get to see the Facebook skit….no comment to that. But his second speech is one that will possibly change my life forever, perhaps even more than the first one, but that will be in a future post, so look for it. Anyways after the event was over, we ate with Kristian Stanfill, and Landry told her favorite joke to him, which he thought wasn’t too funny. Maybe you will find more humor in it. Here it goes: Knock Knock…who’s there…panther….panther who?...Your panther falling down… Yeah not that funny, but watching her tell it is probably the best part.

So after her running him off, we had to go and tear down the stage, and let me tell you that is no easy job. Many times we forget about the people behind the scenes. We need to remember them, and realize they do a lot!! Heavy speakers, miles of cables…the list goes on. So next time you’re in church be sure to go and thank the tech guys. They will definitely appreciate it!!

Well that’s it for me for now.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment